Mono finalizes $20K in special events grants
For the first time since Mono County began providing support funding for various events, the cash cow ran dry for this upcoming festival season.
Having gone through a formal application process, the county’s Tourism and Film Commission approved funding for events ranging from the June Lake Triathlon in July, to the Mammoth Food and Wine Experience in Mammoth.
The final breakdown of $20,712 in Mono County grant funding of the awards looks like this:
• The June Lake Writers Workshop—$2,000
• The Ghost of the Sagebrush Tour—$3,712
• The June Lake Triathon—$1,000
• The Mammoth Food and Wine Experience—$4,000
• The June Lake Autumn Beer Festival—$4,000
• The Kids Fishing Festival—$2,000
• Founders Day—$4,000