Sierra Center Mall, Mono Courts will open Thursday, after propane leaks fixed
The Sierra Center Mall and Mono County Superior Court will open again Thursday for business, after emergency officials found and fixed two propane leaks and opened vents blocked by heavy wet, snow.
The mall was closed all day Wednesday, due to the problem.
Citing heavy snow, the Mammoth Lakes Fire Department locked down the Sierra Center Mall on Wednesday morning, effectively closing the Mono County Courts as well as several businesses.
The cause was a "heavy smell of propane," caused by the blockage of vents on the rooftop, said a city official.
Gary Williams, the safety officer of the Mono County Sheriff's office, said the building would be locked down for the day.
In addition to the county's courts, the building also houses the offices of the Mammoth Times and Mammoth Sierra Magazine.
Businesses with outside exits, such as Hot Chicks and the AT&T store, as well as Mammoth Sporting Goods, remained open.
On Wednesday, Mammoth again was hit with a spate of snow. The storm was projected to last through the afternoon and drop as much as two feet on the town.