(MS)—If you were given a chance to design a dream home, what features would you choose first?
Take a look at the most popular wish list in 2011 from Nudura, a leading firm in building technology:
1. Curb appeal. Home exterior, driveway, and landscaping must attract admiring attention.
2. Concrete and natural stone, rather than wood framing and brick. These homes are not only beautiful, they are stonger, more sound resistant, and far more energy efficient than wood frames and brick.
3. Maximum energy efficient throughout from top to bottom.
4. Solar panels in the roof to generate a personal energy source.
5. A large, designer kitchen with natural stone countertops and futuristic appliances, cabinetry and waterworks.
6. Natural hardwood flooring like Brazilian cherry and sustainable bamboo.
7. A sunroom, a front porch, and a backyard finished patio.
8. Vessel sinks, or freestanding bowls above the bathroom countertop, accompanied by wall-mounted faucets.
9. Bedroom walk out or balcony.
10. Designer bathtubs and walk-in shower with marble tile, a seating bench and rainfall showerhead.