UPDATE: Jarvis death determined to be drug overdose


The death of Bishop resident Kevin James Jarvis, 26, on the day after Christmas here in Mammoth was due to a drug overdose, according to the Mono County Sheriffs Department. 
THe sheriffs department received a call regarding an unresponsive male in the Mammoth area on the morning of Monday, Dec. 26, 2011, at approximately 9:45 a.m. When law enforcement arrived, they found Jarvis without vital signs at a family members Mammoth Lakes home. 
Mammoth Lakes Police Department and Mono County Paramedics were dispatched to the residence in Mammoth. When units arrived on scene, it was determined that Jarvis was deceased. 
Mono County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the scene to begin the coroner’s investigation. The final cause of death was determined as a drug overdose. The final cause of death was confirmed by autopsy and toxicological results.